Apparently Colin really really likes school. I know this because he screams when I pick him up "more school!!!!" Today he actually cried on the drive home. I know this is a good thing because it's important for his life that he think school is a exciting.
That said, I'm starting to wonder if Colin is in the right school. He's being put in time outs for not listening and for spinning. I'm not sure what the spinning is all about. Is he overstimulated? Is he bored? Is there something going on more sinister? I've been picking people's brains about Colin's school. Most have commented that he might be bored. I know for certain that he is probably bored with the academics. He's 2.5 and as far as rote learning, he's pretty much set until kindergarten. My goal for him is that he thrive socially. And when it comes to socializing, does the type of school matter?
I feel a little silly worrying so much about having such a young child in the "right" school. I never wanted to be that kind of parent. The kind that worries about the "right" school for a 2.5 year old. But, here I am worrying. We're going to look at a Montessori school for him. He might do better in a more fluid learning environment.
Regardless, he's thriving lately. I mean, really really thriving. Time outs or not, he's coming home with songs, new words and talks about his friends. I suppose I just need to hold on to that and try to relax.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment