Friday, June 10, 2011

Morning Noise

This morning I was sitting downstairs with Tommy and Owen. Tommy is usually the first one up these days. I get him up, change his diaper (or if Chris is here he does that part while I put in my contacts) and we bring him downstairs. One by one, the big boys eventually roll out of bed and slowly scoot down the stairs.

Today it was a bit different. Tommy was with me, Owen had made his way down the stairs, "baby" aka his lovey in hand. And then we started hearing banging.

The whole ceiling was shaking a bit. Colin was up. And doing something. Loudly.

It lasted a good five minutes. Bang, crash, bang bang, jump, jump. I sat on the couch thinking about whether or not to get up and be mad at him for starting the morning doing whatever in God's name he was doing.

Eventually he made it downstairs and I asked him what he was doing, trying not to be mad.

His answer? He was getting ready for field day. Yes, he woke up and decided to do jumping jacks, push ups, run in place and practice his jogging skills. For five minutes.

He takes field day seriously. And I learned a good lesson in not getting upset before I actually know what's going on. Because after I realized what he got up to do, I couldn't stop smiling.

1 comment:

Connie said...

That is so sweet and reminds me of Kristen. She would always, always, do things like that. Maybe it's a firstborn thing...Love my boy!!