
"Ollie's Sealife Party". It's a realistic looking collection of sea creatures, including a Sperm Whale, a Tiger Shark, an Octopus, a Fur Seal, etc. He was so excited he told the woman at the checkout all about the animals he was bringing home. She was a little taken aback and commented that she rarely sees kids his age that interested in animals.
He was so excited that he emptied the bucket as soon as we got in the car and started talking to all the animals. I really wasn't paying attention to him as my mind wandered over the diatribe of pretend play going on in my backseat. But something made me look in the rearview mirror and I saw Colin, with the shark cradled next to his cheek. He was lovingly stroking the shark as he said "You are my best friend. I love you."
1 comment:
Hey Katie - I'm really impressed that YOU can recognize a sperm whale (is that different than just a "whale"), fur seal (let me guess, he's kind of furry?), and a tiger shark (shark-shaped, but stripey?)
Post a Comment