Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Close Call

Colin and Owen have had a lot of doctor visits as of late. I believe it is due to Colin being in germschool, I mean preschool this year. It seems every single week he’s coming home with some sort of virus and then lovingly passes it along to Owen. That combined with Owen’s GI visits and allergist visits means we are in some sort of doctor’s office at least once a week.

Colin decided recently that he doesn’t like the doctor anymore. It started when Dr. No Bedside Manner had to check his tonsils. Although usually asking to see Cookie Monster in Colin’s throat works, she simply grabbed his face and starting looking his in throat. He was so upset and decided after this that he doesn’t like doctors. As soon as we get close to the pediatrician’s office, he starts the “I don’t like doctors, don’t want to see the doctor. No doctor!”

Yesterday Owen had an appointment to recheck his ears and make sure the infection was clear. So we went through the whole “I don’t like doctors! Don’t want to see the doctor! I want to say bye bye to the doctor!”, etc. I calmly explained to Colin that only Owen would be seeing the doctor today and although that seemed to make him feel better, I’m not sure he entirely believed me.

So we were in the exam room and the doctor looked at Owen (ears are fine now). She finished up checking him, chatted with me for second and said goodbye and left. Colin was quiet for a second and then looked at me and said while wiping his brow:

“Phew! That was close at the doctor’s!”

free image hosting

1 comment:

Amy said...

Phew! LOL.

I thought you were going to announce that Colin had said "beat it, doctor!"