Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Alter-Egos

Colin has such an amazing imagination and it’s been blossoming lately. One of his favorite new games is pretending that his family is either an “Aquarium Animal Family” or a “Shark Family”.

When we’re the “Aquarium Animal Family”, I am a jellyfish, Chris is a crab, Owen is a turtle and Colin is the hippo. He made this up himself and it never varies. It’s gotten to the point that our alter-egos appear in the middle of the day without warning. For example, Colin will see Owen coming and will shout “Oh no, here comes the turtle!” or the other day he saw me looking a bit sad and said “what’s wrong jellyfish? I’m gonna give you a hug”.

free image hosting

When we are the “Shark Family”, I am the whale shark, Chris is a great white, Owen is a nurse shark and Colin is the hammerhead. This is all well and good until Colin starts Colin us sharks by our nicknames. Meaning, he says “Hey, nurse!” to Owen. And the dreaded “Hi Whale!” to me. I guess it could be worse and it is pretty funny to be called “Whale” and have it not be an insult.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I really, really, really want to meet this adorable child some day! Thanks for sharing all these great stories, Whale!

Cristy said...

That's so creative! I can't wait to meet you guys some day too.