Little Owen had ear tubes put in this morning. His ear infections were just getting out of control. He was on his third round of antibiotics for one stubborn ear infection that just would not clear up. He's been a real trooper, but I know a lot of his tantrums are coming from getting easily frustrated because he's in pain. And that's just not fair for him.
So this morning we went and got the tubes put in. I had to wake him up to go to the surgery center. He was completely fine about being there until we tried to put the gown on him. He was not a fan of the gown. He was also not a fan of the ID bracelet that they put around his ankle. They then tried to hide the bracelet with some socks. He was not a fan of the socks. They gave him a little medicine to "relax" him, which made him drugged and not a fan of anyone.
But he did great. The surgery only took about ten minutes. I made a cup of coffee in the waiting room and by the time I sat down to drink it the doctor called me back. He said the surgery went great. Owen's ear was still pretty infected, so he drained it and we will put in antibiotic drops for a week. I then had to go back in the waiting room to wait for Owen to wake up.
He woke up pretty grumpy. He cheered up a tiny bit when I pulled out some books to read to him. He is still a little punchy (okay, a lot punchy) three hours later. I have him in his crib hoping he will sleep off the drugs.
Here's a video of Owen eating some toast after going home. You can see from it that he is still groggy, but loving life (and loving his toast).
So hopefully Owen will be back to his happy self soon. And no more ear infections!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi! I used to be an ENT nurse, pre-child. I am so glad you got tubes for the little guy! Best Wishes!
Post a Comment