Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Valentine Only Colin Could Make

To make Colin's Valentine make sense, I have to give a bit of context. Forever ago for some reason, Chris started naming Colin's animals. Not any particular animal, just random animals. Colin embraced the idea and we've gotten to the point that any horse is named "Herbert", any hippo is "Harry", any shark is "My", any giraffe is "Gerry", African Elephants are "Ella" and Asian Elephants are "Henri" (said with the French pronunciation). Which is why we go to the aquarium to see "My" the shark, "Harry" the hippo, "Hammy" the hammerhead, etc etc etc.

So today I got to school and Colin came running out as usual. His teacher walked out smiling and grabbed something out of his backpack and said "I just have to ask you a question. Who are Harry, Larry, Zach and Ella?" She hands me the Valentine Colin made and I immediately start laughing and explain that Harry is a hippo, Larry is a lion, Zach is a zebra and Ella is an elephant. She starts laughing and explains to the other teacher that they are the names of Colin's animals. I had to correct her and said "oh, no any random hippo is Harry and any zebra is Zach". She said she was trying to write down exactly what he said and couldn't wait to find out what it meant.

I walked out of school holding Colin's hand and his Valentine laughing. How AWESOME is this Valentine?



Note that he only used blue hearts. Classic.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwww Colin. So glad you have this blog because you could never remember ALL of these adorable moments :)

Amy said...

Totally Colin! Love it.

Anonymous said...

Cute Valentine. Your children are adorable!