I'm sitting next to Chris writing the last blog post when he said "I'm about to blow your mind". And he sent me the following email. Apparently he wrote it exactly two years ago today and set a reminder for himself to send it to me today. How amazing is that? And also amazing is how much of it came true. I have the world's best husband. Oh and you can see from the email that we really didn't know we would end up naming our little guy Owen.
July 11, 2007
Hey buddy.
So, we are about to have our second child. Cormac. Another little C-Mac.
So, things going on:
-we are about to have our second child
-your mom is here, she is going to watch the little madman. Colin knows that he is going to have a brother, but I am not sure if he is really ready for this.
-I think there is a chance that this might still end up a girl. Photos lie.
-It is Wednesday the 11th. I am not exactly sure when you are going to have this baby, but it is going to be close. I am still rooting for 7-11 and a kid names craps, but I am not holding my breath. Come on craps. We are getting short on time.
I hope I remember to send you this. I have to set a reminder.
So, I can't believe we are going to have numero dos running around. Maybe we should call him the duece. Duece M. Sweet. He would have to be an athlete. Or a profesional poker player.
In two years, here is what I hope. We are still doing well. I love you now more than ever. Everyday. You have been amazingly cranky and moody lately, but there is a 10 pounder in your belly. OK, 8 lbs 14 oz. Sorry, I know that is big, but that is my guess. And I love you. You are the best.
I want Colin to be a great big brother. He is going to be, I know it. He is the sweetest kid on earth. If you can raise another one even close to that little buddy, I would love that. He is awesome.
I also predict that we will join a swim club near us. I have to look into that. Colin is going to love the pool. Let's see, the Yankees are shitting the bed, they are playing 500 ball. The Red Sox are crushing them. I am never going to stop hearing it from Joey. I hate the Red Sox.
Sorry, I digress. So, you are pretty ready to rock and roll. Your mom is a blessing. Thank her for me in two years for me. She is a great mom to you girls. It is nice. I love that. You guys are a great family.
Well, I am not sure what else to write, this was just something I am trying to do and I hope I remember to give it to you.
I love you buddy. Good luck with numero dos. I am still pulling for Ainsley.
love,
me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment