Thursday, January 3, 2008

Happy Toot Year!

We started off 2008 on an interesting note. All of us (except for Owen) battled horrendous stomach flu. Poor Colin felt just awful. He’s still not himself and seems weak and a bit out of it.

Yesterday I started the flu. Chris and Colin had it New Year’s Eve. Colin is still suffering some of the after effects, namely bad gas. A few weeks ago, Chris did a very mature fatherly act and taught Colin to say “where’s the duck?” after he hears a toot.

So yesterday I put Colin down for a nap. It was early for his nap, but I was desperately waiting for Chris to rush home from work to help me with the boys and Colin was so exhausted that he asked to get in his crib. About a half hour after I put him down I heard some crying coming from his room and shouts of “blanket”. This means I need to go into his room to fix his blanket.

I dragged myself into his room and was nearly knocked over by the smell. I leaned over and started to pick him up saying “oh you pooped, we need to change your diaper”. Colin quickly said “No! No poop, only ducks!!!!”

So through the absolute misery of my stomach flu, I had to laugh. I fixed the blanket and left the room. Oh Colin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome. TOOT TOOT TOOT