Saturday, January 19, 2008

Real Elawents

Today Chris, Colin, Owen and I went to our local convention center to see a traveling zoo. It was a bit bizarre seeing as it was completely random animals, a couple of rides and some booths all set up in a convention center. And by "set up", I mean there were rickety gates enclosing animals with a little bit of straw all over the place. The big merry-go-round was blasting Christmas music. And of course, no zoo would be complete without creepy carnies. BUT, to Colin, it was like stepping into heaven. He would have been happy with, say, one horse. Or he would have been happy with just the merry-go-round. But, a ZEBRA!, an ELAWENT!, a HORSEY!, a MERRY-GO-ROUND! AND a KANGAROO!, well that's just plain amazing. Here are some pictures:

Hello Mr. Elawent!

free image hosting

Where am I? Why am I here?

free image hosting

Merry-go-round

free image hosting

Zebra!

free image hosting

Cheese!

free image hosting

Riding the horsey:

free image hosting

free image hosting

This ride was a MISTAKE. It looked fun, until we put Colin on it and realized it hurtled him around in a circle at about 30 miles an hour:

free image hosting

This is when we thought it might make Colin puke:

free image hosting

Goodbye zoo! See you soon!

free image hosting

I think we might go back tomorrow.

No comments: