Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Froggie's Mugshot

In complete proof that nothing is safe these days, I found out today that Froggie has been recalled. Colin sleeps with "Blankie" and "Froggie" every single night. They are his loveys. In fact, at the moment, he is standing at his train table holding Blankie.

free image hosting

The remedy according to CPSC is "Consumers should take the blankets away from children immediately and return it to Douglas for a free replacement blanket or credit toward another item of equal value."

And therein lies the problem. Because there is no "equal value" to Froggie. How do you put value on something that has been clutched in a child's hands every night? You can't. I suppose we'll just have to risk that the Froggie's "satin edge can come loose".

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh no!! Seriously, when will these seemingly random recalls end? I hope they don't recall my car because "at rates of speed in excess of 150 mph car may become unstable".