Sunday, July 27, 2008

Play-Doh with Colin

This morning Colin was playing with some Play-Doh (thanks, Aunt Kristen!), while Chris and I packed up our bags to drive up to Connecticut for the day. He had a little tub of blue Play-Doh and a little tub of yellow.

He was playing quietly with the Play-Doh when I turned and looked at what he was doing. He had the blue in a big blob and was carefully shredding the yellow into teeny tiny pieces. I looked for a second and asked him what he was doing.



He calmly responded, “Well, I’m making African Cichlids for Harry’s tank.”

For anyone unfamiliar with the life of the Hippopotamus aka “Harry”, they live with a bunch of fish called African Cichlids. Apparently, Colin retained this fact from either the aquarium or a nature show.

A few minutes later I found the blue blob aka Harry the Hippo covered in the little yellow pieces. When I asked what was happening then, Colin answered “The African Cichlids are cleaning the hippo.” Only in our house would playing with play dough become a scene out of Animal Planet.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Katie, as always, I love the Colin stories. You must feel like you birthed the next genius of the natural world!

~Sara (Jonah's mom)

Lisa said...

That's amazing Katie! I am contiously amazed at what they retain at this age, it just astounds me! Go Colin!!

Lis :0)