Tuesday, September 9, 2008

First Day of School

Today was Colin's first day of school. It was actually a partial day (just 1.5 hours) and I went to school with him to get him used to his new teacher and classroom. Here are a few pictures of Colin getting ready to leave for his big day:

free image hosting

free image hosting

free image hosting

free image hosting

He asked his favorite little friend from last year to be his friend and the little boy answered "yes!" Colin also told his whole class that "in August, I got to go to the beach" and that on "Saturdays, my dad comes home" as they learned about the months and days of the week. During the singing time, Colin picked the song "Old MacDonald" and suggested each animal during the verses. He was the life of the classroom and had all the other parents laughing.

He sat nicely during circle time, asked to go potty when he needed to go, washed his hands, helped clean up the toys (he even pointed out a toy they forgot to pick up during snack), participated in all the singing and finger play and made a craft.

I think he is going to have a great year!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Awww, he looks so grown up and super excited! I am glad it went so well and I hope he has a terrific year!