Friday, September 5, 2008

Funny Vacation Moments

Top 10 funny moments of our vacation:


1. When Baby Sean and Baby Liam got bowled over by a wave, were scooped up and were both none the wiser.

2. On the drive down, we stayed over at a hotel. The best part was taking the boys and having them run the hallways. Owen was so tired that he kept falling in the superman flying pose onto the carpet.

3. When Chris was given “sweet tea to go” at a restaurant by a very overeager waitress. “Sweet Tea!” became the line of the day.

4. When Kevin sat down in a rocker one evening. The rocker tipped backward and Kevin fell flat on his back, feet in the air, laughing hysterically.

5. Watching the Democratic Convention. As much as it was entertaining, the comments from the peanut gallery made it hilarious. Especially during Clinton’s speech. Democrat and Republican, we all found common ground making fun of Hillary. We all guessed the color of her pantsuit before she appeared on stage and NONE of us guessed bright orange.

6. When poor Bobby was desperately trying to enjoy his dinner one night and Colin was GRILLING him. The exchange was funny enough, but turned really fun when Colin came out with “Bobby, say hello to me, say hello!, I’m NOT GOING ANYWHERE”.

7. It was sort of funny waiting for the babies to wake up in the evening. It was constant. Uh oh, Owen’s up! Uh oh, Sean’s up. Uh oh, Liam’s up. Uh oh, Liam’s up again. Oh, forget it, I’m going to bed.

8. The kitchen drawers. Sort of funny, sort of maddening. Brigid, Evan and Liam’s room shared a wall with the kitchen. In their room the opening and closing of the kitchen drawers was thunderous. I never saw so many people almost lose their lives over opening a drawer. The fact that the silverware was in a drawer that no one could remember compounded the problem. Poor Brigid would try to put Liam down and some one would inevitably search for silverware and get in trouble by one of us. Thankfully Brig really was a good sport about it, I probably would have duct taped the drawers shut.

9. Watching Owen destroy the place. It was amazing that he was driven by pure instinct to find the exact thing that he shouldn’t find. I have no idea how he does it.

And weirdly, I just can’t think of a #10. Maybe someone in my family can comment on this post and add #10. Come on, guys, help me out!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the funnest moment was not exactly a singular moment, but seeing Kevin with five children for an entire week. I can not imagine a better form of birth control. Kevin may never be the same after that week North Carolina.

Katie said...

I forgot about forcing Kevin to watch "Extrodinary Breastfeeding", that should have been one of them for sure!

Anonymous said...

also, while we are on the Kevin kick:

Katie and I were driving back from lunch with Kevin and the boys and Katie said something like "man, I can't believe it is Thursday, this week went by so fast!" and Kevin responded, "I think it went by pretty slow" or something like that By Thursday Kevin was ready to risk shooting a laser beam at one of the Marine Fighter Jets.