Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Hammerhead!!!

Today Colin had a day off school for Rosh Hashanah. I decided to take the boys to the Aquarium for the day. Anyone who knows Colin knows he has an incredible interest in sharks and other sea creatures. His favorite shark BY FAR is the hammerhead. Our aquarium has always had an incredible shark display, but no hammerhead. Apparently they are hard to keep in captivity.

So imagine my surprise when I checked our aquarium's website this morning and saw "As if sharks weren't scary enough, see our new Great Hammerhead Shark!" Colin and I literally did a jumping and clapping dance around the kitchen we were so excited. So we went to see the new hammerhead today. And it wasn't a bit disappointing.

Here are the boys getting ready to go in. Colin has his ticket ready to go!


Hammerhead!!!!!!!


Real hammerhead, meet toy hammerhead:


Hammerhead!


Colin and Owen looking at the other sharks:


Someone got his face painted so he could be a shark too:


Playing in the shark tunnel:


All tuckered out on the drive home from all the fun:


Who knew hammerheads could be so exciting? The best thing about Colin is his pure joy when he experiences things that interest him. He makes me feel like a kid again too.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Wow! That does look like a fun day! What a beautiful job on the face painting.

Kali said...

I love the excited look on Colin's face when he's holding his ticket!