Thursday, February 14, 2008

Good Boy Chart

With Owen's new ability to crawl and pull up on anything Colin's territory has been completely invaded. This has led to some sharing issues in our house. And honestly, although Colin clearly loves Owen dearly, he has been known to say "No O-ey! I don't like him!" Obviously, he likes Owen, but doesn't like Owen grabbing his precious animals and drooling all over them.

So in an effort to keep their relationship positive and to stop myself from disciplining Colin every five minutes for pushing Owen or grabbing something from him, I have attempted to institute positive reinforcement.

Colin, Owen and I went together to pick out Colin's "Good Boy Chart". We talked about it a lot and Colin got very excited about the prospect of getting "stars!!!!" I drew it and showed it to him and he was very proud of the first couple stars he earned. He was even more excited when he earned five stars and got a "good boy surprise".

free image hosting

When Chris gets home from work he immediately walks to the fridge with Colin and they talk about the stars Colin got that day and what he did to earn them.

So yesterday, I left Colin in the kitchen eating his chocolate soy pudding. When I walked into the room he had smeared pudding all over the wall, smiled at me and said "I'll have my star please!" Um, no.

free image hosting

1 comment:

Stassja said...

Haha, well I suppose it'll take some figuring out on his part!

Awesome idea though, I'll keep that in mind for a few years down the road. :D