Thursday, February 7, 2008

The Newest Member of Our Family

Colin and Chris came home with the newest member of our family on Saturday. Colin named him "Franklin" as in "Franklin, like the turtle". Franklin is a blue and red beta fish and Colin adores him.

free image hosting

free image hosting

free image hosting

We feed Franklin together. Colin carefully counts out five pieces of fish food and feeds them to Franklin one at a time saying "here you go Franklin...Thank you Colin...You're welcome Franklin". He greets him in the morning "Good morning Franklin!" Often introduces himself again "Hi Franklin, I'm Colin! How are you today?"

And to make it even cuter, Colin has added Franklin to our nightly prayers. "God bless Mommy and Daddy and Colin and Owen and Ravioli and Frankin and all our friends and relatives AMEN!"

1 comment:

Amy said...

I hope you'll keep us updated on the life and times of Franklin. I've been mulling over getting a fish too. Not quite ready for a "real" pet. But I worried about our ability to keep a fish alive and all the potential heartbreak that entails. I'll be watching to see how it works out for you.