We had a wonderful Christmas. I think perhaps the best in recent memory. We started our Christmas festivities on Christmas Eve. We woke up early, got the car packed, the boys dressed and headed on the road to Connecticut.
Our first stop in Connecticut was to celebrate Liam's birthday!
Owen tried to eat Aunt Brig's Christmas decorations:

And Colin was just happy to be there:

Happy First Birthday Baby Liam! (I know he is now technically Toddler Liam, but Baby Liam sounds cooler)

The boys took a little snooze in the car as we headed up through Connecticut traffic to the next part of our Christmas Eve celebration. Don't they look like little angels while they sleep?

First we stopped and Grandma and Grandpa's to open some presents (Colin got new pajamas with a TRex that he insisted on wearing immediately). Then on to Big Grandma and Big Grandpa's for dinner.

The boys fell asleep on our drive home and we transferred them into their beds when we got home around 11:30 pm. Chris and I then picked up the house and made sure Santa arrived. The stockings were hung and filled.

And presents were under the tree.


Christmas morning Owen woke up first and played on our bed. I thought I heard the pitter patter of feet down the stairs. By the time I got down there to see if Colin was awake, he was already busy emptying his stocking.

And then he helped Owen with his.

Owen, the human garbage disposal, couldn't make it through presents without a little snack.

Colin was so excited to finally have the "Big Lego TRex!". He has been asking for this for quite a while and was really hoping Santa would pull through.

They both got some puzzles of course. In this picture you can see Owen's Christmas shiner and stitches.

Owen's big present from Santa.

At one point it was absolute mayhem when they both realized how fun it was to open presents. I actually had to say "Chris, help!" when I lost control and they both were diving toward presents that weren't theirs. But they did a fantastic job opening presents and enjoying each toy.

After a nap for Owen and some serious cleaning for Chris and me, it was on to Kristen and Greg's for Christmas dinner. We had a wonderful meal and the kids had a fantastic time.


Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment