Sunday, December 7, 2008

St. Nicholas Apprehension

Colin is very apprehensive about the idea of St. Nicholas. We forgot to put out their shoes last night, so we're doing it tonight. Sometime between now and bedtime I have to convince Colin that St. Nicholas Day is a good thing.

Here's the conversation we just had about it. Yes, I recorded it word for word.

Me - Do you want St. Nicholas to come tonight?
Colin - No!
Me - Why?
Colin - Because I don't want him. Because I don't like him. Because I don't want him to come. I want only mommy and daddy to come. I want only mommy and daddy to be here, not St. Nicholas.
Me - But St. Nick will bring you presents and put them in your shoe.
Colin - Put presents in shoes? You're being crazy mommy.
Me - No, I'm very serious.
Colin - No, you're very silly. No, you're very silly.
Me - Why silly?
Colin - Because we can't put presents in shoes.
Me - Why not?
Colin - Because that would be so silly.
Me - But St. Nick put presents in your shoes last year.
Colin - But, who looks like a TRex, but is not a TRex, lets guess who it is.
Me - Let's talk about St. Nick.
Colin - No fair!!! No fair!!!! No fair!!!! No fair, mommy. I don't want to talk about St. Nicholas.
Me - How about we just put out your shoes and see what happens.
Colin - No.
Me - What about Oey's shoe?
Colin - Your shoe. We only put presents in mommy shoe. Oh! Kids only get presents. We got. I don't want St. Nicholas to come. No fair, mommy. I don't want St. Nicholas to come.
Me - Should I call him and tell him not to bring presents.
Colin - No, Santa Claus can bring me presents. I ONLY want Santa Claus to give me presents.

We'll see how this goes....

No comments: